FI +358 449877 450
NL +31 6 1100 6693
passive house in beetsterzwaag, netherlands
The Passive House concept is based on minimizing the demand of energy by optimizing the actual design, diverse construction parts and installations. A Passive House is a very comfortable house that uses very little or sometimes no energy from the grid.
We see a lot of advantages in the Passive House, and have already designed sereval houses according to the concept. Underneath the advantages:
- extremely high level of comfort in both summer and winter due to easy regulation of indoor climate
- very high energy efficiency due to very good thermal insulation, sealing and the reuse of heat thru the ventilation system or heat exchanger.
- optimal use of passive solar energy by precise orientation and the there-on based architecture and layout.
- very healthty due to concise attention for ventilation, climate control and indoor air quality
- good combinations possible with sustainable energy sources; possibility to build energy-neutral, even in cold climates!
On of our favorite projects is the desing of a Passive House in the Frysian village of Beetsterzwaag: wholly from renewable materials, extremely energy efficient and equipped with smart services like the re-use of rainwater, local and natural treatment of waste and underground heat/cold storage. Make an appointment with us to learn more about this design or the Passive House concept in general.